Child Custody & Support Attorney in Salem, Massachusetts

We’ll Help Your Family Work Through Child Custody And Support

If you are considering filing for divorce or are already a party to a divorce proceeding, your biggest concerns will likely be the health and welfare of your minor children. As a parent, you want to protect and promote the best interests of your children, and you want to maintain a meaningful role in their lives. Issues involving custody, visitation and support can be complex and emotionally-laden. You want an experienced lawyer to help you put together plans that are in everyone’s best interests.

We bring over a decade of experience to individuals throughout the North Shore in Massachusetts. Our attorney, Monique Boucher Lamb, was born and raised in Salem, so she is very familiar with the area and the people who live here. We have built strong working relationships with other attorneys and with the local courts, which allow us to more effectively protect your rights. We understand the emotional difficulties that come with decisions regarding child custody, child support and guardianships.

Our Child Custody Practice

We work with men and women, including same-sex couples, in divorce and legal separation, who have minor children. We will help you establish and implement custody and visitation (co-parenting) arrangements that are in the best interests of your minor children, taking into account educational, health, religious and other special needs. We will also seek to protect and maintain your relationship with your children. We handle paternity actions and the custody and visitation matters related to paternity, as well as grandparent visitation.

Our Child Support Practice

Massachusetts has implemented new child support guidelines, effective January 2009. Under the new guidelines, both custodial and non-custodial parents face significant changes. We are familiar with the changes and will review any proposed child support order for compliance with the new guidelines. We will ensure that all relevant income, such as self-employment, seasonal or commission-based income, is properly included in the calculation, and that extra-curricular activities and medical bills or insurance are also taken into consideration.

Our Guardianship Practice

If there are minor children, but neither parent is available to take physical custody, we can help you file and secure a guardianship to protect the interests of the children.